Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part B




Illustration of Sir Bors by Howard Pyle. Web source: Wikimedia Commons. 



The Adventure of Sir Bors

Sir Bors: 

-Leaving Camelot to go on a quest
-Meets a holy man on a donkey and they ride together for some time. 
-Is on a quest for the Holy Graal

The holy man convinces Sir Bors that he should confess his sins, so they ride until they arrive at a church where they can do so. The two men consumed water and bread together. The holy man tells Sir Bors that he prays he won't eat anything else until he completes his question. Sir Bors agrees to this. The man also tells him that he will wear a scarlet colored coat until his mission is completed. Sir Bors' life went on and he had many adventures, but he always continued to live by the words of the holy man. This story ends with Bors meeting Sir Percivale, with whom he shares his life stories. 

My thoughts: 
I think that I would like to add more detail to Bors' journey through life in my retelling. I would also likely change the quest that the main character goes on. Like with many of my stories, I would be interested in adding magic or some other supernatural element to my version. 


Bibliography


The Adventure of Sir Bors from King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang and illustrated by H.J. Ford (1902). Web source: UN-Textbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to...A Foodie who Can't Cook

Week 9 Story: The Candy Store Queen