Reading Notes: Alice in Wonderland, Part A






Alice in Wonderland by Julia Valeeva. Web source: Creative Commons. 
Down The Rabbit-Hole (part 1)

This is the story of how Alice began fall into Wonderland. I've always been interested in this topic. In fact, I almost used it for my storybook project. It was fun to get to read these stories this week.

My notes:

Alice was getting bored of spending time with her sister. She was reading a book, but did not find it interesting because there weren't any pictures of conversations. I definitely can relate with this idea because I love reading dialogue in stories and checking out pictures. Alice thought she might make a chain of daises, but didn't know if she wanted to take the time to pick the flowers.

A rabbit ran by Alice, which wouldn't normally be an out of the ordinary occurrence, but she heard the rabbit speak. The White Rabbit was late, and he even had his own stopwatch that was kept in his waistcoat pocket. Alice was completely intrigued by the rabbit, so she followed him down an actual rabbit hole. She fell for a very long time. She feared that she would fall all the way through the Earth.

I think that this is such a fun start to a crazy fun story. It would be interesting to retell with different characters.

Bibliography:

Chapter I. Down the Rabbit-Hole from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Web source: The UN-Textbook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to...A Foodie who Can't Cook

Week 9 Story: The Candy Store Queen