Week 8 Reading and Writing

So far I have really enjoyed the writing and reading assignments in this course. Being a busy college student means that I don't have a lot of free time to read for fun. Having the readings built into the course gives me the opportunity to do something that I love while also learning about new stories and cultures.

The same goes for the weekly writing assignments. Being "forced" to sit down and write something creative has be really fulfilling. I think that writing has been my favorite part of the class so far.

I think I am most satisfied and excited with the writing that I have been doing for my storybook project. From the beginning I have had a really clear idea of what kind of book I wanted to create, and I am really happy with how it's turning out.


I will admit that the note-taking with the reading assignments has become a little monotonous to me. I think that it's time for me to really change note-taking styles. Sometimes I feel compelled to write paragraphs about what I'm reading, so I focus on that instead of really zoning in on what I like about the story I'm reading. This is something I'll work on in the coming weeks.

Looking forward, I also want to put more of a focus on writing thing about the things that I really find interesting, even if it requires a little more time and research.

 
Girl in a Wood painting by Nikolai Bogdanov-Belsky. Web source: Wikimedia Commons. 

The image above is probably my favorite image I have used in my blog posts. I used it to accompany my story about a young girl named Luna. I love how this painting, which has no actually connection to what I wrote, reminds me so much of the character and the world I created for her to live it. It makes me wish that I had illustrating skills to go along with all of my stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to...A Foodie who Can't Cook

Week 9 Story: The Candy Store Queen